Easy Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
Have you ever had those moments where you’re craving some Chinese or just a good stir fry in general, but you don’t want the heavy dose of sodium or those unneeded extra calories? Well I know I most certainly have. I can’t say that I’m the best cook known to man, heck I have a lot to learn still but I try to come up with what I can to feel as if I’ve accomplished something in regards of a nice homemade meal. And being a stay at home mom I have plenty of time between my daily chores to come up with something right?
I’ve got some picky eaters in my house, and well I am quite the picky eater as well. I wanted to adapt and make a stir fry that didn’t consist of the normal everyday stir fry. Mushrooms are a no because well everyone in my household despises those little things, and so are onions since I personally can’t handle them. So at first I felt a little bit limited, but I was determined to figure something out. Which I did, and it was quite the hit with my husband, and even my son! Which with him being the chicken nugget pizza loving little munchkin that he is was a huge plus.
Prior to making this dish I had marinated my chicken for 4 hours before cooking. The marinade itself was simple and easy, and also where the soy and teriyaki sauces come from in the recipe below. Just mix the two in a large enough bowl and place the unthawed chicken in and place into the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- 2 large marinated chicken breasts with fat trimmed off
- 1 bag of frozen veggies (I used a combo bag which included baby corn, carrots, peas, and snap peas, but you can also use fresh ingredients I just used what I had on hand)
- 5 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp of each: garlic salt, pepper, and thyme
- In a large skillet put olive oil in the bottom and swirl it around till it’s warm.
- Chop the marinated chicken into bite sized pieces and place into the skillet, and cook until it’s done.
- Throw in the veggies, and cover for 10 minutes making sure to stir every few minutes so nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings and stir together, then cook for another 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
You can either serve this as it is or serve it with a side of rice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!